[SciPy-user] lpmn - python crash with AMD processor

Matthieu Brucher matthieu.brucher at gmail.com
Sun Jan 6 12:39:54 EST 2008

> I tried on eight different machines with different scipy versions <=
> 0.6.0, all under WinXP SP 2 (32 bit). Two had Intel processors ->
> everything fine. Six had AMDs (Athlon, Duron) -> segmentation fault.
> >From your post it seems that it works fine under Linux. Unfortunately
> Linux is no option for me (at least in this case).

What are the kind of processor you have and which binary did you take ?
For Athlon XP processors, you cannot take the usual binary bacause it uses
SSE2 instructions which are not supported by Athlon XP processors. You
should take the binary for Pentium II (which does not support the SSE2
instruction set).

Matthieu
--
French PhD student