[SciPy-user] List Conversion to SciPy Array

Lorenzo Isella lorenzo.isella at gmail.com
Thu Feb 21 06:33:28 EST 2008

Dear All,
So far I have mainly used arrays for my computations. Simply, I had no
particular need of lists, dictionaries and so on.
A library I am using extensively right now, has to be fed with lists
(so I have to use a tolist command to convert arrays into lists) and
it also returns lists.
However, then I do miss badly SciPy's tools to manipulate them.
At the moment, the best I can do is to create empty SciPy's arrays and
copy element-wise (with loops) the list content into them.
Is there a "better" way of doing this? I googled  "toarray" and I gave
it some try, but unsuccessfully.
Many thanks

Lorenzo