[SciPy-user] Save column & row headers to csv file with something like savetxt?

Dharhas Pothina Dharhas.Pothina at twdb.state.tx.us
Fri Dec 19 09:07:47 EST 2008

Hi,

I have a 2D array of results that my script has calculated. I want to save them as a csv file so I can use them in excel or a report later. Is there a way to put comment lines, column & row headers in the text file? I had a look through the documentation but didn't find anything obvious.

What I would like to do is save a ascii file something like below:

location,max,min
jdm1,6,2
jdm2,4.3,1.7
mcf1,7.7,2.2

Is there already a simple way to do this?

Another i/o question is that I keep getting a warning that fread is depreciated. I am using it to read binary fortran data, what is the appropriate function to use now?

thanks,

- dharhas