[SciPy-user] Problemds building NumPy with Python 2.6 / MinGW 3.4.5 on Windows XP SP3

Peter Maas fritz.peter.maas at googlemail.com
Tue Dec 9 18:14:46 EST 2008

David Cournapeau schrieb:
> The underlying problem is that you don't have mingw in your PATH (you
> should be able to run gcc from the command line).

Hi David,

If i open a cmd window and type "gcc" it responds "gcc: no input files".
My PATH looks like ...;C:\MinGW\bin;... And with python 2.5 the build
works!

> I can't spend much time on this ATM, but for the record, the problem is
> in distutils.command.config.

Thanks a lot for the time you already spent! And thanks for the hint
although I don't have much hope that I'm able to find the bug. I'll stick
with Python 2.5 in the meantime.

--
Regards, Peter.

Peter Maas, Aachen, Germany