[SciPy-user] pyqwt or matplotlib

bernardo martins rocha bernardo.rocha at meduni-graz.at
Tue Aug 26 08:27:59 EDT 2008

Hi everybody,

I'm starting to write a program with PyQt to visualize some traces from
a system of ODEs. I would like to plot one graphic for each variable
inside this PyQt application...and I'm wondering which one is the best
for it: matplotlib or pyqwt? I will read some files using PyTables and
then I'll plot everything and some of these files are very big, so I
need something fast and good.

I've been using matplotlib for some small programs and it's very nice,
powerful and beautiful. I've already embedded some matplotlib plots
inside a PyQt application. But I have the impression that pyqwt is
faster than matplotlib. Is it true? Is there another library for
plotting that would do the job?

Thanks!
Bernardo M. Rocha