[SciPy-user] Non-negative least squares method

Gael Varoquaux gael.varoquaux at normalesup.org
Thu Apr 10 16:45:59 EDT 2008

On Thu, Apr 10, 2008 at 10:43:28PM +0200, Matthieu Brucher wrote:
>    If people want, they can have graphic output (see the examples, if you
>    want). It can be very usefull to track the evolution of the optimization.

Yes, I agree, but coupling this in scientific algorithms to heavily seems
a very very bad idea, IMHO. I think it should be made possible to get a
package with not one line related to graphics, or plotting, and of course
no printing on the screen.

Now adding the option of passing a few callbacks to do the plotting, but
not giving these callbacks in the core package is a different story.

Cheers,

Gaël