[SciPy-user] Is there a modified bessel function of the second kind in scipy?

lorenzo bolla lbolla at gmail.com
Wed Apr 9 05:43:48 EDT 2008

Aren't the "modified bessel functions of the second kind" also known as
"modified bessel functions of the third kind"?

http://mathworld.wolfram.com/ModifiedBesselFunctionoftheSecondKind.html
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bessel_function#Modified_Bessel_functions_:_I.CE.B1.2CK.CE.B1

L.

On Wed, Apr 9, 2008 at 10:42 AM, zhang chi <zhangchipr at gmail.com> wrote:

> I only find the following functions, and don't find a modified bessel
> function of the second kind.
>
> thank you
>

> *  jn       -- Bessel function of integer order and real argument.
> *  jv       -- Bessel function of real-valued order and complex argument.
> *  jve      -- Exponentially scaled Bessel function.
> *  yn       -- Bessel function of second kind (integer order).
> *  yv       -- Bessel function of the second kind (real-valued order).
> *  yve      -- Exponentially scaled Bessel function of the second kind.
> *  kn       -- Modified Bessel function of the third kind (integer order).
> *  kv       -- Modified Bessel function of the third kind (real order).
> *  kve      -- Exponentially scaled modified Bessel function of the third
> kind.
> *  iv       -- Modified Bessel function.
> *  ive      -- Exponentially scaled modified Bessel function.

Lorenzo Bolla
lbolla at gmail.com
http://lorenzobolla.emurse.com/