[SciPy-user] Real-time plotting and data storage format questions

Charles Doutriaux doutriaux1 at llnl.gov
Tue Apr 1 13:06:35 EDT 2008

Hi there,

For the data format I strongly recommend NetCDF and especially NetCDF4
(allows for compression)
In addition of NetCDF4 I strongly recommend you look at the CF
conventions, which is a standard and allows software to learn about the
data you're storing, see:
http://cf-pcmdi.llnl.gov/

As far as an all in 1 python based software to store/analyze/plot your
data, you can look at CDAT (which happens to redistribute scipy )

Hope this helps,

C.