[SciPy-user] Python mode in emacs 22 (Ubuntu Gutsy Gibbon)

Ryan Krauss ryanlists at gmail.com
Sun Oct 21 16:51:07 EDT 2007

O.K. something in my .emacs file was causing my problem.  I renamed it
so it wouldn't load and deleted the .emacs.elc file and the file
loaded correctly with the new built-in Python mode.  But it doesn't
seem as powerful.  It doesn't scan for functions and classes and it
doesn't auto-indent in for loops.  I think I have to remove emacs22
and roll back to 21 and reinstall the other python-mode, unless
someone has a better solution.