[SciPy-user] Building with a non-standard gfortran

George Nurser gnurser at googlemail.com
Fri Nov 23 18:40:34 EST 2007

I've got an extended version of the same query.
I have installed gcc43 into /opt/local/bin from macports, and would
like to use this gcc (and associated c++ and gfortran) to compile
numpy/scipy/pytables/matplotlib.

/opt/local/bin is at the start of my $PATH

I understand I create ~/.pydistutils.cfg
something like

[config_fc]
fcompiler=gfortran
f77exec=gfortran-mp-4.3
f90exec=gfortran-mp-4.3
opt='-mtune=core2  -march=core2'

[config]
compiler=gcc
cc=gcc-mp-4.3

But ...
1. how do i specify the gcc4.3 C++ compiler for matplotlib etc..?
2. how do i specify the C & C++ compiler options (like -mtune=core2,
-march=core2)
2. do I need to add /opt/local/lib to my $LD_LIBRARY_PATH? Or is there
a less drastic method?
3. Is there anything else I need?

Apologies if I've missed the documentation.

Regards, George Nurser.