[SciPy-user] install numpy/scipy with Intel Compilers

Laurence Viry Laurence.Viry at imag.fr
Fri Nov 23 13:16:50 EST 2007

Hi!

I try to install numpy 1.0.4 and scipy 0.6.0 with INTEL C/C++ and
Fortran compilers and SCSL scientific library with python2.4.4 on
Itanium with linux OS. (Altix SGI with SUSE linux)

I didn't success to configure the construct of build_ext for scipy with
the fortran INTEL compiler (--fcompiler=intele)

* First, I set LD_LIBRARY_PATH and LD_RUN_PATH with directories which
contains c/c++, fortran and SCSL libraries

export
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/opt/intel/intel_cc/9.0.024/lib:/opt/intel/intel_fc/9.0.021/lib:/usr/lib

Export
LD_RUN_PATH=/opt/intel/intel_cc/9.0.024/lib:/opt/intel/intel_fc/9.0.021/lib:/usr/lib

* I put in the file "site.cfg" :

[DEFAULT]
library_dirs = /usr/lib:/usr/local/lib/:/usr/local/stow/fftw-3.1.2/lib
include_dirs =
/usr/include:/usr/local/include:/usr/local/stow/fftw-3.1.2/include

[blas]
library_dirs = /usr/lib
include_dirs=/usr/include
blas_libs= scs

[lapack]
library_dirs = /usr/lib
include_dirs=/usr/include
lapack_libs = scs

[fftw]
libraries = fftw3

* Compile and install numpy with:

python setup.py config --compiler=intel build_clib --compiler=intel
build_ext --compiler=intel install

It's Ok for numpy, it doesn'tt need fortran compiler

but for scipy

python setup.py -v config_cc --compiler=intele config_fc
--fcompiler=intele  build_clib  --compiler=intele --fcompiler=intele
build_ext  --compiler=intele --fcompiler=intele install

It's Ok for build_clib, the python script find c and fortran compiler

 it doesn't find fortran compiler for build_ext, first I had a warning

warning: build_ext: f77_compiler=intele is not available, it was
available for the construct of build_clib? ????

then

warning: build_ext: extension 'scipy.fftpack._fftpack' has Fortran
libraries but no Fortran linker found, using default linker

for the construct of build_ext, the python script use the default
fortran compiler g77 and the construct stoped with the message error:

"extension 'scipy.interpolate.dfitpack' has Fortran sources but no
Fortran compiler found"

why --fcompiler=intele option of build_ext doesn't operate?????????

I show this option of build_ext command with the python command

python setup.py build_ext --help-fcompiler

I set the variables F77, F90 , F77FLAGS with the intel compiler, I had
the same error

How can I configure the construct of build_ext for scipy with the Intel
fortran compiler

The solutions I found on the scipy archives didn't work

Thank for your help

--
Laurence Viry

CRIP UJF - Projet MIRAGE ( http://mirage.imag.fr )
Laboratoire de Modélisation et Calcul - IMAG

tel: 04 76 63 56 34
fax: 04 76 63 12 63
e-mail: Laurence.Viry at imag.fr