[SciPy-user] fortran compiler not found Mac Leopard 10.5

Brian Granger ellisonbg.net at gmail.com
Mon Nov 12 23:59:08 EST 2007

Great, now you are ready for the other problem on Leopard:

sudo does not preserve the PYTHONPATH environment variable.

Thus anytime you do::

sudo python setup.py install

to install something else, your version of numpy won't be used!  This
has been reported to apple and the problem can be fixed by adding
PYTHONPATH to the appropriate section in /etc/sudoers.

Another option (see the recent thread on pythonmax-sig) is to create a
.pth file that dynamically reorders the sys.path.  This approach is
nice as it doesn't require setting PYTHONPATH.

You will run into this when installing matplotlib and pytables...if
you go that way.

Brian