[SciPy-user] Argos data

David Huard david.huard at gmail.com
Fri Nov 9 12:49:08 EST 2007

Thanks guys,

I'm pretty new at this, so I realize I should have mentioned it's data from
an Ice Mass Balance buoy. The files I got are just text files  with lines
describing the satellite pass, then the buoy position and a hexadecimal
number for each sensor (temperature profile in the ice, water and air,
pressure). They are downloaded from argos-system using a telnet script in a
format called PRV,DS (poetic, isn't ir ?) Writing a script to parse all this
is not necessarily complicated, but I'm guessing it has already been done,
though maybe not in python. Something for the dataset scikit, maybe ?

Cheers,

David