[SciPy-user] genetic algorithms

Robert Kern robert.kern at gmail.com
Thu Nov 8 13:14:03 EST 2007

Gary Robinson wrote:
>> scipy/sandbox/ga/
>>
>> Nothing in the sandbox is built by default. See scipy/sandbox/setup.py for
>> instructions on enabling them.
>
> It's not in scipy/sandbox/setup.py. setup.py has the appropriate lines for 'montecarlo', 'spline', and others, but no 'ga'.

I said to read the instructions in there, namely this:

    # All subpackages should be commented out in the version
    # committed to the repository. This prevents build problems
    # for people who are not actively working with these
    # potentially unstable packages.

    # You can put a list of modules you want to always enable in the
    # file 'enabled_packages.txt' in this directory (you'll have to create it).
    # Since this isn't under version control, it's less likely you'll
    # check it in and screw other people up :-)

--
Robert Kern

 an underlying truth."
  -- Umberto Eco