[SciPy-user] surface plotting

James Phillips zunzun at zunzun.com
Sun Nov 4 16:44:24 EST 2007

I use VTK to make VRML, which you can then rotate around
and view using a VRML viewer.  If you use Debian or Ubuntu,
a quick "sudo apt-get install python-vtk" will install Python
bindings and all dependencies.

http://www.vtk.org/

Here's a quick synopsis from IBM that's fairly recent, they
discuss MayaVi which also does what you're looking for - and
for debian/ubuntu, "sudo apt-get install mayavi":

http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/linux/library/l-datavistools/

Since MayaVi uses VTK, the examples use many of the VTK
examples:

http://mayavi.sourceforge.net/screenshots/index.html

     James