[SciPy-user] Numerical Achievements in SciPy

Robert Kern robert.kern at gmail.com
Wed May 2 22:00:54 EDT 2007

Vincent Nijs wrote:
> The cookbook on Scipy.org is indeed very nice. In its current form it is a
> great alternative to a tutorial. I wonder, however, I doubt if it will
> remain easy to use if many people start to add information to these pages.
>
> Also it may be intimidating to some to edit the front-page of the cookbook
> and move other's links around. Uploading a script and adding a few lines of
> comments and installation instructions for it to a database that can then be
> searched seems a more practical solution in the long-run.

That's essentially what the Wiki is. If you name the page
Cookbook/SomethingOrOther, it will automatically show up on the Cookbook page.
No muss, no fuss.

But if you do really want something like the interface of the ASPN Python
Cookbook site, then please use that site. Personally, I'm not going to bother
trying to reimplement such a thing just for our use unless if the ASPN Cookbook
has so many scipy-specific recipes that it becomes hard to use.

I'm not convinced that we currently have enough volume to justify making our own
system. So please prove me wrong by writing as many ASPN recipes or
scipy.org/Cookbook pages as you can!

--
Robert Kern

 an underlying truth."