[SciPy-user] Numerical Achievements in SciPy

Lorenzo Isella lorenzo.isella at gmail.com
Tue May 1 12:09:33 EDT 2007

Dear All,
I was wondering whether it makes sense or not to think about an online
centralized repository containing numerical software relying on SciPy.
For instance, I am using integrate.odeint to solve a large system of
nonlinear coupled equations. If I succeed in my project, this code
could be interesting for those studying Bose-Einstein condensation or
coagulation of aerosols, to mention only a few.
My purpose is not to advertise my work; viceversa I think that it
would have helped me a lot to know whether someone else had already
tried his hands at integrate.odeint on a large number of equations, to
have a benchmark and so on.
It should be clear by now that I am thinking about an online "box"
containing a number of Python codes with a description of what they
do/solve and possibly a benchmark.
I'd like to hear the opinions from those on this very collaborative
mailing list.
Apologies if such a thing already exists, but my online searches did
not find it.
Kind Regards

Lorenzo