[SciPy-user] Question about scipy.test()

william ratcliff william.ratcliff at gmail.com
Tue Jul 31 17:25:46 EDT 2007

Hi!  I'm trying to compile scipy on a windows box running windows xp
professional.  The processor is an Intel Core 2 Extreme QX67--(it's a
quad).  I compiled atlas3.7.11 from source and it was fine.  Next, I built
numpy from source and it passed all of its tests.   Next, I built scipy from
source.  However, when I ran scipy.tests(level=1, verbosity=2),
it crashed python (2.5.1--latest release from python.org).   I checked and
both are using the libraries I generated from atlas and lapack.

The tests reached:

generation of a binary structure 4 ... ok
generic filter 1 ... ERROR
generic 1d filter 1

Then, it crashed python.

Any ideas?  I am using mingw to compile from the command window.

Thanks,
William Ratcliff