[SciPy-user] pynetcdf crashing on Python 2.5

Ryan May rmay at ou.edu
Wed Jul 18 15:41:39 EDT 2007

Bill Dandreta wrote:
> I don't know if this has any bearing on your problem but Python 2.5 is
> hard masked on Gentoo do to problems on 64 bit systems with packages
> depending on numeric.

Thanks, but, yeah, I am aware of that. (I did my research before
unmasking it.  It's driven me nuts that a stable python release has been
waiting 10+ months to get into my "cutting edge" distro.)  There weren't
any bugs against the packages I use, though I have found that plugins
for gedit 2.16 don't like python, but this has been fixed in 2.18.  One
of the reasons I originally chose pynetcdf was its support for numpy,
not Numeric, so that's not the issue here.

Ryan

--
Ryan May
Graduate Research Assistant