[SciPy-user] Numerical Recipes robust fit implementation

Andrew Straw strawman at astraw.com
Mon Jul 16 02:37:03 EDT 2007

Hi Angus,

I don't know if the MEDFIT algorithm is something you really want, but I
wrote a simple implementation of the RANSAC algorithm:
http://www.scipy.org/Cookbook/RANSAC

This is not to say I recommend the use of such algorithms as RANSAC! :)

-Andrew

PS There seems to be some criticism of the MEDFIT algorithm in general
and as implemented in NR in particular online.