[SciPy-user] scipy fblas.so functions not found

Fahd Sultan asefu at fooie.net
Thu Jul 12 21:12:21 EDT 2007

Hi,

I figured out the issues. I had to alter the spec files for redhat 4 AS.

for instance I had to add to each spec file:

%define is_redhat %(test -e /etc/redhat-release && echo 1 || echo 0)

I had to add a condition BuildRequires and requires to use gcc4-gfortan
and lapack  as opposed to gcc-fortran and lapack3

--from python-numpy.spec

%if %is_redhat
BuildRequires:  gcc4-gfortran python python-devel lapack-devel > 3.0
refblas3-devel
requires:       gcc4-gfortran lapack > 3.0 refblas3
%endif

"--record=INSTALLED_FILES" gave me an error when I tested manually so I
also added:

%if %is_redhat
python setup.py install --root=$RPM_BUILD_ROOT \
        --prefix=/usr
%endif

and

%if %is_redhat