[SciPy-user] How to "move" data within an array

Wed Jul 4 05:44:59 EDT 2007

Hi Lorenzo,

thanks for your 2cents.

The pointer method isn't practical for my purposes: I want to have the
ability to access the "historical" data within the engine on various ways,
e.g. "price average of the last 3 periods", where the array itself stores
still 5 periods. The pointer method would require to re-calculate the time
axis and especially to manage the "wrap", like: current time row is 3, so "3
periods back" would be rows 2, 1 and 5.

I would like to use the numpy functions as sum(), avg() etc. on the arrays,
so having single 1d arrays (one row = one array) does not really make sense.

But thanks for the idea,
Andrew