[SciPy-user] What it the best way to install on a Mac?

Jerry lanceboyle at qwest.net
Tue Jan 30 19:16:29 EST 2007

I've been mostly lurking here for quite a while and am thinking I
should get some stuff installed and see what all the excitement is
about. I can't help but notice that some of the posts are about
installation problems on various platforms. I also recall (I think)
that someone was keeping an up-to-date installer for the Mac. If so,
is this a "proper" Mac installer? Or can I install from Fink or
another package-manager-type place? I recall some discussion about
PyLab (?) or the like which included all the SciPy stuff and plotters
and that sounds like the way to go. I'm mainly hoping for a low-
hassle installation so that I can get to the good stuff fast.

Jerry