[SciPy-user] back with a problem in scipy installation...

Eric Emsellem emsellem at obs.univ-lyon1.fr
Tue Jan 30 10:58:57 EST 2007

Hi,

after reinstalling EVERYTHING (atlas, lapack, etc) I still hit the wall
of "no way to install scipy".
It seems that it is still a problem with linking (and maybe at the numpy
stage in fact).

When doing python setup.py config, for testing the config of scipy, I
get an undefined symbol in

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "setup.py", line 55, in ?
    setup_package()
ImportError:
/usr/local/lib/python2.4/site-packages/numpy/linalg/lapack_lite.so:
undefined symbol: ATL_cGetNB

The ATL_cGetNB.o is in fact included in the libatlas.a, so I wonder why
it did not find it.
The numpy installation went well in fact (at least apparently).

Any clue here?

thanks a lot

Eric
P.S.: this is a desperate shot.. I have been trying to install scipy for
2 weeks now.

Eric Emsellem                             emsellem at obs.univ-lyon1.fr
                           Centre de Recherche Astrophysique de Lyon
9 av. Charles-Andre                        tel: +33 (0)4 78 86 83 84
69561 Saint-Genis Laval Cedex              fax: +33 (0)4 78 86 83 86
France                    http://www-obs.univ-lyon1.fr/eric.emsellem