[SciPy-user] Docstring standards for NumPy and SciPy

Travis Oliphant oliphant at ee.byu.edu
Wed Jan 10 10:24:15 EST 2007

Gael Varoquaux wrote:

>All I can say is that using standard restructured text allows to use
>existing tools, and hopefully, to interact with the wiki. Now I don't
>contribute any code, so my opinion is not important.

I'm aware of this, which is why I used epytext and restructured text as
guides.

However, I'm strongly against line-noise in the docstrings.

My preference is to have some simple tools to convert NumPy/SciPy
docstrings to pure re-structured text and/or epytext to take advantage
of those tools.

The conversion should not be difficult and these tools should be
included with NumPy.

-Travis