[SciPy-user] SciPy finds wrong lapack

J Oishi joishi at amnh.org
Tue Jan 2 11:35:38 EST 2007

Thanks for the tip. I tried setting the search_static_first=true, but
the problem remains.

> What is your site.cfg and where (and what) are the relevant
> libraries on your
> system?
my site.cfg (for both scipy and numpy) reads

[DEFAULT]
search_static_first=true
[atlas]
atlas_libs = lapack,cblas, atlas, f77blas

My atlas libs are in /usr/local/lib/atlas, but the /usr/lib/
liblapack.so.3 versions are the ones being linked into calc_lwork.so.
I think this might be related to the fact that
          liblapack.so.3 => /usr/lib/liblapack.so.3 (0x0045a000)
          libblas.so.3 => /usr/lib/libblas.so.3 (0x00111000)
are from my (possibly tainted) RedHat libraries, rather than from my
good ATLAS versions
/usr/local/lib/atlas/liblapack.a
/usr/local/lib/atlas/libcblas.a

thanks,