[SciPy-user] weave and mingw on win xp sp2 bug?

mani sabri mani.sabri at gmail.com
Sun Dec 30 04:34:18 EST 2007

I managed to run/compile my Time Wrapping function with weave and python
2.4.4 an hour ago. Although the weave.tests continues to show ugly
"Permission Denied" message I had no problem with my func. (and like most
windows users I don't care about that message! Its windows! ;) )

As I remember it is the python24.a file in 2.4.4 that makes the whole
difference because gcc don't know anything about Microsoft lib files.
Anyhow here is a brief state of my system:

- scipy 0.6.0
- numpy 1.0.4
- Python in c:\python24 (no spaces in path! Its important)
- environment variables:
	python_lib = c:\Python24\libs\python24.a
	pythonpath = c:\Python24;C:\PROGRAM FILES\Pyrex-0.9.6.4;
	swig_lib =	C:\PROGRAM FILES\swingwin-1.3.27\python
	python_include = C:\Python24\include;
	path = C:\MINGW\BIN;C:\CYGWIN\BIN; C:\PROGRAM FILES\swingwin-
1.3.27\python;c:\python24

p.s: I saw some posts about cleaning up weave.tests in scipy-dev these days.
I hope they take a look at weave.example directory.