[SciPy-user] Fit a function with errors

Wolfgang Kerzendorf wkerzendorf at googlemail.com
Thu Aug 30 10:43:49 EDT 2007

I am trying to fit a function and get errors for the fit parameters a
and b:
a simple example would be: y=a*x+b. I dont want to get only the rms but
I want to get errors for the parameters a and b. neither linregress nor
lstsq method do that, I also want to fit x's and y's that have errors
and then get the appropriate error for a and b.
To complicate matters;-) :
I want to fit a function
: u=a*v+b*w+c*x+d*y +e*z and want to fit the parameters a,b,c,d,e and
know their errors to values u,v,w,x,y,z in the case of them having
errors and them having not errors.
I know this is a lot, but thanks in advance for help.
  Wolfgang