[SciPy-user] building scipy from source on Mac Os X 10.4 ppc

Samuel M. Smith smithsm at samuelsmith.org
Fri Aug 17 12:10:14 EDT 2007

listing env variables from shell prompt
env
there is no definition for MACOSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET

gcc_select
Current default compiler:
gcc version 4.0.1 (Apple Computer, Inc. build 5367)

gfortran from
http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/hpc/gfortran-bin.tar.gz?download
as per scipy web page

I don't have a ~/.MacOSX/environment.plist file

here is a report of the same problem
http://projects.scipy.org/pipermail/scipy-user/2007-June/012542.html

On 17 Aug 2007, at 00:21 , Robert Kern wrote:

> Samuel M. Smith wrote:
>> I erased the svn directory rechecked out and rebuilt without the
>> sudo, same error.
>
> Huh. Does your environment include MACOSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET
> anywhere? Which
> compilers, gcc and gfortran, are you using?
>
> --
> Robert Kern
>
> "I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a
> harmless enigma
>  that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as
> though it had
>  an underlying truth."
>   -- Umberto Eco

Samuel M. Smith Ph.D.
2966 Fort Hill Road
Eagle Mountain, Utah 84005-4108
801-768-2768 voice
801-768-2769 fax
"The greatest source of failure and unhappiness in the world is
giving up what we want most for what we want at the moment"