[SciPy-user] New scipy release before 8/20?

Ryan Krauss ryanlists at gmail.com
Tue Aug 7 09:32:41 EDT 2007

I would like to encourage my students to use Python in my class this
Fall.  The first day of class is 8/20.  I have had mediocre luck
building my own windows installers and I would prefer that the start
up warnings about scipy.test now being called numpy.test not be
displayed.

I know that I am basically a consumer here asking for other people's
time, but what are the odds of a new scipy release before 8/20?  Or at
least a windows installer that fixes the scipy.test warning messages?
I assume that the svn version of scipy has these messages fixed.  I
could build my own windows installer from svn, but there are always
test failures when I do it.  I don't know why :)

Thanks,

Ryan