[SciPy-user] Bicycle Wheel Precession

David Goldsmith David.L.Goldsmith at noaa.gov
Fri Apr 27 14:33:51 EDT 2007

As a generalization of David's comment below, I would emphasize that you
check that the numerical values you're using in your simulation (e.g.,
for things like proportionality constants, initial conditions, etc.)
accurately reflect those inherent in your experimental apparatus, both
wrt value and units.  For instance, whether or not what you're observing
is nutation or precession, if your numerical values are such that the
amplitude of the sinusoid is small, it would appear to be "near" a
constant function...

Another David