[SciPy-user] "catching warnings"

A. M. Archibald peridot.faceted at gmail.com
Wed Sep 20 23:24:37 EDT 2006

On 19/09/06, Robert Kern <robert.kern at gmail.com> wrote:
> A. M. Archibald wrote:
> > It would be nice if scipy provided some consistent way to signal
> > non-errors to the surrounding program. Would it work for all modules
> > to use warnings?
>
> Yes. Patches are welcome.

The problem (that the OP had) appears to be with
scipy.interpolate.fitpack. Can it be marked as deprecated (i.e., users
get a rude^H^H^H^H warning telling them to use
scipy.interpolate.fitpack2 instead)?

As a user, I often find it difficult to locate the "correct", i.e.,
up-to-date, supported, interface to do various tasks (for example,
interpolation and ODE solving). Would people find it helpful if I went
through and included cross-references in the docstrings?

A. M. Archibald