[SciPy-user] Scipy works on AMD now

A. M. Archibald peridot.faceted at gmail.com
Tue Sep 12 19:46:35 EDT 2006

On 12/09/06, Ryan Krauss <ryanlists at gmail.com> wrote:
> John,
>
> Are you running 32bit or 64bit?  I have heard of people wrestling with
> 64bit, but never heard anyone fully declare victory.  I am going to
> build a new computer soon and wonder if I should get a 64bit AMD chip.
>
> Ryan

On an AMD opteron 64-bit system, numpy tests fine but scipy has problems:

Ran 1569 tests in 3.253s

FAILED (failures=17, errors=1)

scipy.version.version -> '0.5.1'
numpy.version.version -> '1.0b5'

I'll attach the output of "python -c 'import scipy; scipy.test()'".

FWIW, I haven't run into anything I needed that didn't work (one of
the several spline interpolation functions was broken because of a
size mismatch, in the version I was using), it wasn't hard to write
portable code (Fortran wrappers need int32, not int), and the machine
is fast.

A. M. Archibald