[SciPy-user] SciPy Ubuntu Dapper installation using Andrew Straw's packages

Ryan Krauss ryanlists at gmail.com
Wed Oct 11 22:40:27 EDT 2006

So, Andrew's packages worked beautifully.  The information I was
looking for is actually on
http://scipy.org/Installing_SciPy/Linux .  I kept searching the list
for the instructions but it is on the website (in case anyone else is
ever looking here and finds this message).

Are the packages using optimized Atlas and Lapack if I have them
installed specific to my processor (sse2)?  Would I see any
performance increases if I built from source?

Thanks,

Ryan