[SciPy-user] exact spline interpolation of an irregular dataset

Maik Troemel maik.troemel at maitro.net
Mon Nov 20 08:11:28 EST 2006

Hello again,

thank for your help. Now I've tested the delaunay package from the
sandbox, It works but there are some problems creating a convex hull of
the dataset. It seems to me as there are two hulls and not one. It looks
a little bit strange.

Probably I'm not alone with this problem. If someone is interested I can
send a picture of the result of the interpolation.

Is it possible that the spatial distribution of my input data is the
reason of the problem?

Greetings
Maik

http://www.scipy.org/Cookbook/Matplotlib/Gridding_irregularly_spaced_data