[SciPy-user] About alternatives to Matlab

Pierre GM pgmdevlist at gmail.com
Mon Nov 20 04:13:29 EST 2006

On Monday 20 November 2006 03:54, Robert Kern wrote:
> I'm really not sure what we can do here. There are already several pages
> discussing what our offerings are.
>
>   http://code.enthought.com/
>
> One of them is "Python, Enthought Edition" which is just a binary
> distribution of a large number of open source packages, most of which are
> not ours. Another completely separate offering is the "Enthought Tool
> Suite" which are the open source packages that we wrote. I'm not entirely
> certain why people think that just because we make Windows binaries means
> that we don't do anything else.

As a potential user, I downloaded the sources from that link a few months ago
http://code.enthought.com/downloads/ets/enthought-1.1.0.tar.gz
which beautifully failed to compile on my machine, and didn't have time to
investigate. Seems that the link is broken somehow: the tar.gz is < 1MB, when
the advertised size is ~20MB.
I just downloaded the Python2.3 version instead, hoping that it'd work. We'll
see.