[SciPy-user] About alternatives to Matlab

Peter Wang pwang at enthought.com
Mon Nov 20 01:01:15 EST 2006

On Nov 18, 2006, at 5:54 AM, David Cournapeau wrote:

> What I meant was to have a good graphic library to have more complex
> plots than maplotlib, and to build GUI. I was aware of traits/
> chaco, but
> I was not sure about the status, nor if it was ready to be used by end
> users,

Chaco is under very active development, but I do believe it is ready
to be used by end users, especially if they don't mind giving much-
needed feedback on what docs and additional examples would be most
helpful. :)  We are using chaco for a lot of internal projects and it
works quite well.  What sorts of plots and visualizations were you
hoping to put together?

(Note that by "chaco" I am referring to chaco2; the original is
pretty much in maintenance-only mode right now.)

-Peter