[SciPy-user] Problem importing scipy compiled with intel compiler: New Problem :(

Sourish Basu sbasu at physics.cornell.edu
Tue Nov 14 00:05:17 EST 2006

Hi all,

    I'm following up to my own post for archival purposes. It turns out
that the compiler was (for some reason) not linking to the correct
libgcc. Doing this:

[sourish at nanolab Sources]$ nm /lib/ssa/libgcc_s.so.1 | grep fixunsdfdi
00001a60 T __fixunsdfdi
[sourish at nanolab Sources]$

and also doing an "ldd" on _lbfgsb.so I realized that it wasn't linking
to libgcc. So I changed my install command to:

python setup.py build_clib --fcompiler=intel build_ext --fcompiler=intel
-L/lib/ssa -lg2c -lgcc_s install

and everything is fine and dandy now!

-Sourish

Sourish Basu wrote:

<snip>
> <ipython session>
>
> In [1]: import scipy
>
> In [2]: import scipy.linalg
>
> In [3]: import scipy.interpolate
>
> In [4]: import scipy.integrate
>
> In [5]: import scipy.optimize
> <type 'exceptions.ImportError'>           Traceback (most recent call
> last)
>
> /home/sourish/<ipython console> in <module>()
>
> /opt/pub/lib/python2.5/site-packages/scipy/optimize/__init__.py in
> <module>()
>       9 from zeros import *
>      10 from anneal import *
> ---> 11 from lbfgsb import fmin_l_bfgs_b
>      12 from tnc import fmin_tnc
>      13 from cobyla import fmin_cobyla
>
> /opt/pub/lib/python2.5/site-packages/scipy/optimize/lbfgsb.py in
> <module>()
>      28
>      29 from numpy import zeros, float64, array, int32
> ---> 30 import _lbfgsb
>      31 import optimize
>      32
>
> <type 'exceptions.ImportError'>:
> /opt/pub/lib/python2.5/site-packages/scipy/optimize/_lbfgsb.so:
> undefined symbol: __fixunsdfdi
>
> </ipython session>
<snip>