[SciPy-user] exact spline interpolation of an irregular dataset

Maik Trömel maik.troemel at maitro.net
Tue Nov 7 05:38:42 EST 2006

Hello list,

(again) i've got some problems concerning spline interpolation. I want
to interpolate a irregular data field. I've mapped this data field on a
2d-array.
"iObj_spline_smooth =
scipy.interpolate.fitpack2.SmoothBivariateSpline(x, y, v)"  works fine.

But i want to make an exact interpolation, With
"scipy.interpolate.fitpack2.LSQBivariateSpline(x, y , z, tx, ty)" it
would work if the datafield was regular. But it isn't.

Is there a posibility to make an exact interpolation?

Thanks for help.