[SciPy-user] ode45 replacment

Steve Schmerler elcorto at gmx.net
Sat Nov 4 06:44:44 EST 2006

A. M. Archibald wrote:
> On 03/11/06, Ryan Krauss <ryanlists at gmail.com> wrote:
>> What is the best scipy replacement for Matlab's ode45?  Is it
>> scipy.integrate.odeint?  What is the difference between odeint and
>> ode?
>
> Either one will probably suit your needs. For practical purposes, the
> difference is one of interface - odeint has a more procedural
> interface, while ode has a more object-oriented one. Underneath, both
> use well-established fortran ODE integrators (odeint uses LSODA from
> ODEPACK, and ode uses VODE). odeint may also have problems on a 64-bit
> system, IIRC.

I'm planning to set up a 64bit machine and use odeint.
In case you remember any thread on the list or can point me in the right
direction, I'd be happy to hear about it. A quick search of the list
revealed nothing specific...
Thanks!

--
cheers,
steve

Random number generation is the art of producing pure gibberish as
quickly as possible.