[SciPy-user] Orthogonal Wavelets

Robert Kern robert.kern at gmail.com
Sun May 14 01:25:38 EDT 2006

Derek Goring wrote:
> I'm trying out SciPy as a possible replacement for Matlab on my Linux box.
>
> One of the main tools I need is orthogonal wavelets decomposition and
> reconstruction.
> I've looked around and not found a package in SciPy.  Is there one that
> I've missed?

Check the following:

http://wavelets.scipy.org/
http://projects.scipy.org/scipy/scipy/browser/trunk/Lib/signal/wavelets.py

I don't know if they have exactly what you're looking for, though.

> Actually, I have a set of Fortran routines that I developed using CVF
> 6.6 in Win XP.
> I've ported that to Linux using g95.
> So, if a package is not available, writing a wrapper may be a good first
> project in SciPy.
> Or am I biting off more than I can chew?

If you can license them under the terms of the Scipy license, perhaps. I would
like to avoid putting Fortran 90 into Scipy, though. The currently available
free compilers suck suck suck suck suck suck suck.

--
Robert Kern

 an underlying truth."
  -- Umberto Eco