[SciPy-user] problems with ..../delaunay/triangulate.py

Karsten Bolding karsten at bolding-burchard.com
Tue May 2 15:46:10 EDT 2006

Hello

My experince with python is very limited but there is a small group (so
far) of oceanographers who would like to use python and various packages
for oceanographic applications.

I've tried to run the triangulation example from the Cookbook:
http://www.scipy.org/Wiki/Cookbook/Matplotlib/Gridding_irregularly_spaced_data

Running the script I get:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "aa.py", line 32, in ?
   tri = Triangulation(x,y)
  File
"/usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/scipy/sandbox/delaunay/triangulate.py",
line 68, in __init__
    self.hull = self._compute_convex_hull()
  File
    "/usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/scipy/sandbox/delaunay/triangulate.py",
      line 80, in _compute_convex_hull
      self.triangle_nodes[border[:,0]][:,2]))
AttributeError: keys

Now Rob Hetland has made a scripts that also uses triangulation.py and
that works without problems for him.
Running his script I get the same error.

I'm running debian/unstable but have compiled numpy and scipy from the
svn-repository.

Yours
Karsten

Karsten Bolding                    Bolding & Burchard Hydrodynamics
Strandgyden 25                     Phone: +45 64422058
DK-5466 Asperup                    Fax:   +45 64422068
Denmark                            Email: karsten at bolding-burchard.com

In a world without walls and fences, who need windows and gates