[SciPy-user] Fast Gauss Transform

Fernando Perez Fernando.Perez at colorado.edu
Tue Mar 21 19:12:41 EST 2006

Robert Kern wrote:

> SWIG is probably easiest given that you are wrapping a C++ class. Recently,
> Fernando Pérez contributed some SWIG typemaps that handle simple conversions
> between numpy arrays and C pointers. In a recent SVN checkout of numpy, look in
> numpy/doc/swig/ for the typemaps and an example.

It's worth reiterating that those typemaps were meant as a /start/, they are
still incomplete (nothing beyond 2d, possibly other limitations).  Hopefully
those who use them and end up extending them will contribute their work back
(at least the parts that are pure-numpy and not specific to their own
application).  If that happens, we'll eventually have good coverage for 'out
of the box' SWIG use of numpy.

Cheers,