[SciPy-user] generalized eig algorithm did not converge

manouchk manouchk at gmail.com
Tue Mar 21 06:57:08 EST 2006

Well I don't know if there is a link but I try to build scipy-0.4.6 on my
machine ,during testing it could finish this :
check_simple (scipy.linalg.tests.test_decomp.test_eig)

(It just would pass this test, there is maybe a link?)

See herer my old report:

Hi,

I'm again trying to build scipy. Now I get much further. It does last a long
time first to compile full lapack and blas stuff and then build scipy 0.4.6.
After it runs the tests it fails "only" once :
W.II.A.0. Print ROUND with only one digit. ... FAIL

but few tests later it does stop at that line :
check_simple (scipy.linalg.tests.test_decomp.test_eig)

and "never" passes this test or it is a "very long" test (more than 20
minutes with 1.5GHz dothan proc).

To build scipy with complete lapack, blas I use the way, the old mandrake RPM
package does, it builds lapack and blas and link them inside the tree of
scipy.

I guess I'm still missing something?