[SciPy-user] Complex Numbers in ODEINT and BVP's

Ganesh V ganesh_v at iitm.ac.in
Sat Mar 18 09:17:24 EST 2006

Hi!

  I want to use complex numbers in the odeint package. Let me make it
  more precise. I have an eigenvalue inside the problem that I find by
  other means. (Related to acoustics). Now that can be complex. Is it
  possible in the current scipy ? In my case it was a Linear ODE, and
  hence I split into separate ones for real and imaginary ones and
  soved it.

  The other question is about Boundary value problem solvers. i.e can
  odeint or anything else solve Boundary value problems instead of
  initial value problems, or do I have to recourse to an iterative
  procedure myself instead of the solver doing it? (AFAIK matlab
  solves it in a similar way, assuming a derivative value at 0, and
  then iterating over it to meet the boundary value at the other end)

Bye!

--

Ganesh V
Undergraduate student,