[SciPy-user] nd_image rename

Travis Oliphant oliphant at ee.byu.edu
Thu Mar 16 15:11:26 EST 2006

Ed Schofield wrote:

>Travis Oliphant wrote:
>

>>Ed Schofield wrote:
>>

>>>I could try to make a new SciPy release this weekend.
>>>
>>>Before then, though, I suggest we change the package name of nd_image.
>>>

>>Probably the right thing to do, especially as we improve it.  Right now
>>it's just a copy of nd_image from numarray (thus the name).
>>
>>Anybody who wants to make the necessary name changes is welcome.
>>

>Done it.  I've renamed the package at the Python level; the C module is
>still available to Python as _nd_image, with the leading underscore etc.
>
>Is the nd_image package still being maintained in numarray, or is SciPy
>now its official home? :)

Peter, the original author, has said (for reasons that were not entirely
clear) that he will not be supporting  the numpy version (or eventually
the numarray version, either --- I think he's planning on writing some
other library-based solution).

So, what we have in SciPy is "the official" home for the numpy version
of his package.

-Travis