[SciPy-user] using (c)vode [was: odeint rtol and atol default values)]

Steve Schmerler elcorto at gmx.net
Tue Jun 27 18:12:57 EDT 2006

Doug Latornell wrote:
> Hi Steve;
>
> I've been happily using the ode class with the vode integrator for a few
> months now.  I rewrote a model from Octave into Python/NumPy/SciPy.
> Agreement between the Python/ode/vode code and the Octave one was good.
> The model is substantially faster in SciPy than it was in Octave, but
> there are a lot of factors that changed (processor, OS, etc.).

Did you have a special reason for chosing vode/ode over lsoda/odeint
(speed, accuracy, ...)?

If I'm right, Octave uses lsode
(http://www.gnu.org/software/octave/doc/interpreter/Ordinary-Differential-Equations.html#Ordinary-Differential-Equations)

cheers,
steve

--
Random number generation is the art of producing pure gibberish as
quickly as possible.