[SciPy-user] cluster package

Robert Kern robert.kern at gmail.com
Thu Jun 8 14:32:46 EDT 2006

Alan G Isaac wrote:
> On Thu, 08 Jun 2006, Emanuele Olivetti apparently wrote:
>
>>You could use instead pycluster library:
>>http://bonsai.ims.u-tokyo.ac.jp/~mdehoon/software/cluster/software.htm#pycluster
>
> It seems the license is SciPy compatible,
> and that it would be an obvious candidate for
> inclusion in SciPy ...

However, it includes the RANLIB library which (a) doesn't mesh well with the
other random number facilities in numpy and scipy and (b) is not commercially
redistributable.

  http://orion.math.iastate.edu/burkardt/c_src/ranlib/ranlib_intro.txt

Why nobody ever reads the RANLIB license is a mystery to me.

--
Robert Kern

 an underlying truth."
  -- Umberto Eco