[SciPy-user] optimize.leastsq crashs my interpreter

Ed Schofield schofield at ftw.at
Fri Jul 7 08:15:25 EDT 2006

Jelle Feringa / EZCT Architecture & Design Research wrote:
> Someone out there, who can try it on a windows box?
>
> 	Sure Hans,
> 	I've tried your problem with the scipy/numpy versions compiled for
> the 	enthon 1.0.0b3 edition, raises the same problem you've described.
>
> 	I'm sorry to say so, but I cannot avoid but to get the feeling that
> right now scipy is in a pretty poor state on windows...
> 	Is it reasonable to assume scipy's win32 binaries are of lesser
> quality, compared to Linux?

Well, I don't know of any SciPy developers who use win32, so it does get
less testing. The compiler toolchains available for win32 are probably
also of a poorer quality than for Linux, Solaris etc. But the binaries
are built from a near-identical code base on all platforms, and indeed
your code works fine on the latest 'official' win32 release of scipy
(0.4.9).

I suggest you file this bug against the Enthon distribution. Keep in
mind that it's still marked 'beta' ...

-- Ed