[SciPy-user] mpfit questions

Steve Schmerler elcorto at gmx.net
Thu Jul 6 12:23:05 EDT 2006

Scott Ransom wrote:
> Running numpy/lib/convertcode.py on mpfit.py worked fine for me.
> I don't think I needed to make any other changes.

That's probably the best way. I was just about to ask how I do

In [35]: import Numeric as N

In [36]: X=N.array([1,0,1,0])

In [37]: Y=N.array([1,0,0,0])

In [38]: X or Y
Out[38]: array([1, 0, 1, 0])

in numpy, since

In [39]: x=numpy.array([1,0,1,0])

In [40]: y=numpy.array([1,0,0,0])

In [41]: x or y
exceptions.ValueError                                Traceback (most
recent call last)

/home/schmerler/<ipython console>

ValueError: The truth value of an array with more than one element is
ambiguous. Use a.any() or a.all()

is the problem if I try to run mpfit with numpy.

BTW, since many people seem to use it, would it be a problem to include
mpfit in scipy, or are there licencing issues?

cheers,
steve

--
Random number generation is the art of producing pure gibberish as
quickly as possible.